Stay safe during holiday shopping
By South Windsor Police Department
Statewide - posted Thu., Dec. 8, 2011
The South Windsor Police Department has issued the following tips for safe holiday shopping:
• Even though you are rushed and thinking about many things, stay alert to your surroundings. Keep cell phone calls to a minimum while walking to and from your car.
• Always park where there is plenty of light, not only around your car, but also the path from your car to the mall or store entrance.
• Don’t hesitate to ask for a security escort if you feel unsafe.
• Keep your car locked at all times. Use the trunk of your car to keep your packages out of sight.
• Remove expensive items, such as GPS units and purses/computer cases, from view and lock them in your trunk.
• Have your keys in your hand before you go to your car.