Cleaning your tools
By Andrew J. Concatelli - ReminderNews Assistant Editor
Home & Garden - posted Wed., Apr. 11, 2012
If you take the time to care for your hand-held tools like hammers, screw drivers and wrenches, they will work better and last longer.
• Fill a bucket with hot water and a commercial cleaning product that is appropriate for the material you want to clean.
• Put the tools in the bucket and let them soak for at least 30 minutes.
• Put on rubber gloves and use a wire brush to scrub the tools to take off any grease or dirt.
• Dry the tools completely after washing and rinsing.
• You can use steel wool to help remove rust.
• Oil any tools with moving joints, to keep them in good working order.