Carbon monoxide warnings

Manchester - posted Nov, 01 2013

MANCHESTER - Recently, seven Manchester residents from two separate incidents were transported to the hospital for treatment of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. This is a reminder of why everyone needs a carbon monoxide detector. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is produced when something burns incompletely, so a natural gas or oil-fired furnace, wood or pellet buring stove, kerosene heater, and all gasoline-powered equipment produce carbon monoxide. Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning mimic the common flu. Headaches, fatigue, nausea, dizzy spells, confusion, and irritability in the early stages. In the later stages, difficulty breathing, vomiting or loss of consciousness can occur. With the flu, fevers are common; no fever is associated with carbon monoxide poisoning. Fresh air quickly relieves the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. For more information on carbon monoxide and carbon monoxide poisoning, call the fire marshall's office at 860-647-3267.


Home
Let us know what you think!
Please be as specific as possible.
Include your name and email if you would like a response back.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
E
A
a
9
N
A
Enter the code without spaces and pay attention to upper/lower case.